Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Flowers for Pele



Well, dear readers, today is my last day as features editor at the Washington Blade. I've been here almost three years and after some serious soul-searching and some amazing Mystery experiences, I realized it's time to move on. I'll be starting a yoga teacher training program in September, as well as deepening my belly dancing and tarantella studies.

First, though, I get to head to the lovely Hawaiian islands. My hubby and I leave on Saturday and return in two weeks. I am so excited, and I've been looking forward to this for almost a year now.

Our first trip to Hawaii was to Maui last September, and I was simply overwhelmed by the beauty and power of the island. From the constant sounds of the Ocean Mother's waves to the heights of Haleakala, the dormant volcano on the island and place of some major Pele power, I was enraptured.

In fact, being in Hawaii was one of the early instigators of my current choices to change my life as I have. Thanks to the power of Pele and her beautiful home, I'm moving in some very exciting and hopefully fruitful directions.

I'll definitely be putting up pictures when I return. Until then, everyone be well and eat more pie!



(The first image is by Herb Kawainui Kane, who wrote a great book about the lovely Pele. The second is by Susan Seddons Boulet. It's an image that was part of a goddess deck given to me by the fantastic Laurel for my birthday. It now sits on my Pele altar.)

No comments: